Monday, October 6, 2008

Why I vote for Obama 2008

Obama is right on all the issues. Here is why I want to vote for Obama:

1) Taxes: He wants to raise taxes on those making more than 250,000 a year. The govt has every right to take more personal earnings. The govt will put that money to good use and put into practice so many good programs that it has in place (welfare, social security, etc...). For those of us making less than 75,000 a year, this is a huge plus....as long as I can stay under the 75,000 line, I will be o.k. and not have to pay more taxes!

2) Health care: Under President Obama we will all have affordable health care. No more of rate increases under our traditional health care plans. Since the govt has shown they can run other programs so efficiently (medicare/Medicaid, social security, welfare), I do not mind putting my health and the health of my children in the hands of government paid employees or politicians. According to Barack Obama, politicians will decide who and what would be covered under a multi-level insurance system. As he indicates, we will all have availability to the health coverage similar to that which he enjoys.


3) Defense: I am so glad President
Obama will enact good defense policies. Under his administration we will be able to know that he will meet face to face with other world leaders. We will be able to be reassured that under President Obama he would meet with Chavez and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad face to face. Enough with these "cowboy" negotiations. I believe that Obama will be able to sit down with these leaders- they'll listen to this former Senator for Illinois. His experience in world politics and diplomacy is just what we need.

-------------                   -------------                                  ----------

Interviewer: Sen. Obama, do you feel you have the experience and the "know how" to be President?

Sen. Obama (Presumed answer) No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

2 comments:

MJA said...

Great stuff! I think I am picking up a hit of sarcasm, though.

JustAThought said...

Glad you enjoyed.